Authentication is where the rubber meets the road for securing your data and business. The challenge is understanding what type of wireless protection methods will be the best for the devices and easiest to manage. Some common questions:
- How can I push the Windows wireless profile to all my machines?
- How do I keep my employees mobiles off my network?
- What's wrong with just using a Pre-shared key?
- How do you use certificates for authenticating to the wireless network?
ConsultX can assist with WLAN deployments for companies in any industry. Everyone has different scenarios depending on the devices in their environment. As part of the wireless design, ConsultX helps devise a plan for how these devices get authenticated to your network, how the wireless settings will get pushed to the devices, and, in the end, maximizing the security of your entire network. Some of the different scenarios we can assist with are:
- Windows, Mac and Linux workstations
- Mobile devices such as wireless printers, barcode scanners, thermostats, infusion pumps, Wireless VoIP phones, etc.
- PEAP and EAP-TLS certificate based authentication
- Unique Pre-shared Keys on the same SSID
- RADIUS servers: Microsoft NPS (formally IAS), Cisco ACS and ISE
- MDM, Apple configuration tools, MS Server Group Policy deployment and other onboarding tools
When it comes to wireless network security, choosing the right authentication methods are a must. ConsultX can help you every step of the way! Call or contact us today.